Bike fitting – more than just body positioning
AbsoluteBLACK is taking bike fitting to another level. By combining the state-of-the-art diagnostic equipment and the best personnel, we offer one of a kind bike fitting experience that will make you one with the bike. Our absoluteBLACK Science Lab is located in Slovenia, easily accessible by plane, car or public transport.
Laboratory and equipment
AbsoluteBLACK Science lab will welcome you in a clean and comfortable environment and will only use the best and most accurate tech to quantify the movement on the bike. We form a strong partnership with all manufacturers of the equipment we use in the Science Lab, which essentially allow us to have always the latest protocols and updates.
Forped is a unique tool for cycling biomechanics diagnostics to record 3-dimensional forces and torques at the pedals. The system is wireless with instant data acquisition and provides us with a detailed insight into cycling mechanics. The Forped pedals allow us to:
- optimise the pedal stroke and improve mechanical effectiveness;
- identify risk factors and prevent non-traumatic injury occurrence;
- get detailed insight on pedal load and understand/correct the mechanisms behind non-traumatic injuries;
- understand how pedalling mechanics changes at different intensities and fitness levels.
A 6-camera based full body 3D kinematics allow us to monitor changes in segment angles and body movement at different body positions. The data is acquired, processed and displayed at a high frame rate of 100 Hz resulting in a very accurate interpolation even at higher cadences. The system also allows us to measure the final geometry of the bicycle and its components at very high level of accuracy.
Pressure mapping at the saddle enables the analysis and optimization of the point of contact at he saddle. We use the latest saddle pressure mapping tech and software with 64 sensors in a thin saddle mat with data wirelessly transmitted to the computer at high frame rate. The saddle pressure system allows us to:
- measure the pressure distribution in different seating and handle bar positions;
- compare different saddle types;
- display the results though a colour scale or a 3D pressure chart easily understandable by a client;
- analyse any asymmetries and seating orientation.
Full bike fit
TT/TRI bike fit
|Physical evaluation off the bike||-||-||Yes||Yes|
|Foot assessment and cleat set-up||-||-||Yes||Yes|
|Pedal force/torque analysis||-||-||Yes||Yes|
|Full body 3D kinematics||-||-||Yes||Yes|
|Body positioning based on force effectiveness||-||-||Yes||Yes|
|Saddle pressure mapping||Yes||-||Yes||Yes|
|Testing different saddles||Yes||-||Yes||Yes|
|Testing foot orthotics and pedal stability||-||-||Yes||Yes|
|Detailed body kinematics report||-||-||Yes||Yes|
|Detailed body dynamics report||-||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Detailed pressure mapping report||Yes||-||Yes||Yes|
|Detailed bike geometry and setup report||-||-||Yes||Yes|
|Pedalling technique corrections with direct feedback||-||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|3D aero scans of 3-5 different positions||-||-||-||Yes|
Before you visit:
- For any appointment selected, bring all your normal cycling clothing, a clean bike and any frequently used accessories (e.g. aerobars).
- If you have booked a bike fitting for your Triathlon or TT bike, bring your race clothing, helmet, sunglasses and your nutrition/hydration components.
- If you have saddles/stems or other components that you think we could use in the process, please feel free to bring those along.
AbsoluteBLACk Science Lab is located in the heart of Europe - Slovenia. Easily accessible from all parts of the world, great cycling infrastructure with amazing landscape and rich cycling history.
The lab is based in a small town Radovljica, just a few minutes from Bled, surrounded with mountains providing great cycling routes to test your new position on spot.
Slovenia is in European Union within Schengen, considered as one of the safest countries in the world where everyone speaks English.
Ljubljana airport: 10-minute drive away
Klagenfurt airport: 45-minute drive away
Zagreb airport: 2h drive away
Venice Marco Polo airport / Treviso airport: 2h 45-minute drive away.
Slovenia has a good transport arrangement from and to the airports. Visit GoOpti website to explore the best time and money efficient ways to get a transport to Radovljica. You can also contact us for assistance.
Team UAE Emirates
Jaroslav Kovačič, professional long distance triathlete
Team BTC City Ljubljana, women’s professional cycling teamThanks for your rating.
Do you like this product? Share it with your friends!